- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Empty plum tomatoes into large bowl and squash with your hands.
- Add all ingredients (including any meatballs or sausage you want to add) to pot and simmer for 3 hours.