- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (preferably Spanish)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon spanish sweet paprika
- 3 ounces rustic white bread, crust removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates, about 30 seconds. Add the Spanish sweet paprika and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the bread and pour in the chicken stock. Stir together and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir with a spatula to fold them into the soup. The eggs will form long strands, almost like noodles. Simmer for 2 minutes and add salt to taste. Sprinkle parsley and serve.