- 4 medium baking potatoes
- ½ c. bottled creamy Parmesan with cracked peppercorn salad dressing
- 1 green onion
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Green-onion tops
- Pierce potatoes with fork in several places. Place potatoes on paper towel in microwave oven. Cook potatoes on High 10 to 12 minutes or until fork-tender, turning potatoes over once halfway through cooking; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degree F. In medium bowl, mix salad dressing and sliced onion; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice each potato lengthwise in half. With spoon, carefully scoop out flesh from each potato half, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell and making sure potato-skin shells are intact. Place flesh in bowl with dressing mixture. Place shells on small cookie sheet.
- With potato masher or fork, mash potato mixture in bowl until almost smooth. Spoon mashed-potato mixture into shells; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake potatoes 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through and golden on top. Arrange potatoes on bed of green-onion tops if you like.
- Horseradish & Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes:Prepare recipe as above, except in step 2, substitute 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream and 1/4 cup prepared white horseradish for salad dressing. In step 4, substitute 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese for the Parmesan.
Each serving Horseradish & Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes: About 370 calories, 10 g protein, 62 g carbohydrate, 10 g total fat (6 g saturated), 6 g fiber, 30 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium.