- 750 g daikon radish / white radish, peeled
- 2 Tbsp green onion (optional), finely chopped
SAUCE (MIX THESE IN A BOWL)
- 1 Tbsp korean chili flakes (gochugaru) or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp korean fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Julienne the radish with your knife or using a mandolin slicer. Ideal size would be 6 cm to 7 cm (about 2.5 inch) long match stick style.
- Put the radish into a mixing bowl then add the sauce. Mix them well with your hands. Garnish with the green onion.
- Transfer the seasoned radish into a glass container and rest it for 30 mins in the fridge then serve. Or you can eat it straight away. Any unused portion can be refrigerated for 5 to 7 days.
*1 Tbsp = 15 ml