What You’ll Need
- 12 to 14 large mushrooms, such cremini or white mushrooms
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 4 to 6 tbsp. Spanish virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 lb. shrimp (Size – 40 per pound)
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
How to Make It
- Place fresh mushrooms in a colander and place under running cold water to remove any dirt. Trim the stems. Slice.
- Peel raw shrimp and remove tails. Rinse and allow to drain. Set aside.
- Peel the garlic cloves and minced garlic.
- Place a large open frying pan over medium heat and pour in 4 to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. When hot, add minced garlic. Before garlic browns, add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to coat mushrooms with oil and mix with garlic.
- Add white wine and stir. Continue to cook another 5 minutes or so. Mushrooms will shrink and darken. Add salt to taste.
- Add shrimp and stir thoroughly. Shrimp will turn pink as they cook. Sprinkle hot pepper flakes into the pan. Shrimp will take about 5 minutes to cook.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a fresh baguette.