- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- chili flakes (to taste)
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 400 g green prawns (peeled)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 pinch sugar
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Heat the olive oil and butter over a high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, bacon and chilli flakes, Cook until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered, to reduce the sauce.
- Turn the heat up to medium, Add the prawns and cook only until they change colour.
- Season to taste and add paprika and sugar.
- Serve in small individual bowls with crusty bread, garnish with parsley as an entree or stir through hot cooked pasta and serve as a main course.