- Pasi paruppu/ yellow moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ghee– 1/4 cup minus 2 tsp
- Elachi / cardamom – 2
- Cashew nuts – 6
- Dry roast moong dal in medium flame well until it turns golden brown in colour. It takes time, but ensure you fry well, otherwise the taste and flavour will not be nice. Roast with laddle continuously to ensure even
- Cool down and powder it finely into a powder. In between grinding, wipe the sides to make sure no dal is stuck to the walls of the mixer. If mixer gets hot while grinding, rest it for a while and continue to avoid damage to the machine.
- Powder sugar too in the same way into a fine powder along with elachi. Melt the ghee and fry the cashews broken into tiny bits. In a mixing bowl, take the powdered items and pour the melted ghee, add cashews to it. Mix well with a spatula.
- If its hot, let it wait until you are able to handle the heat and start making laddus.
- I added 1/4 cup ghee and it was a bit excess and since the ladoos became shiny. So I have mentioned 1/4 cup minus 2 tsp in the ingredients.
- You can sieve the powdered dal if you think its not ground properly.