Ingredients for Patbingsu, Serves 2
- 400 g / 0.9 pounds ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp sweet red bean paste (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk (or more to taste)
- 16 mini sweet rice cakes (mochi)
- 80 g / 2.8 ounces strawberry, chopped
- 45 g / 1.6 ounces kiwi, thinly sliced
- 45 g / 1.6 ounces blueberry
- 45 g / 1.6 ounces pineapple, chopped
*Other popular toppings – A scoop of ice cream, breakfast cereal (e.g. cornflakes), green tea powder, Korean roasted grains, mango, banana, jellies. The list goes on and on.
**1 Tbsp = 15 ml
How to Make Patbingsu (Korean Shaved Ice)
- Put the ice blocks into a food processor (or shaved ice machineif you have one). Grind the ice (for about 20 seconds) until it has a smooth texture.
Place the shaved ice into a chilled serving bowl. Top up with your choice of fruit, red bean paste, mochi. Garnish with sweetened condensed milk. (FYI: I like layering the sweetened condensed milk on top of the shaved ice as well as on top of the fruit.)