What You’ll Need
- 3 whole roasted red peppers (or a dozen roasted piquillo peppers)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Spanish sherry vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
- Use a dinner-size plate or platter with a lip, so that they oil and vinegar do not spill over the side.
- If using bell peppers: Remove seeds from the roasted peppers, if any. Cut each pepper in four pieces and lay on a dinner plate or platter.
- If using piquillo peppers: Since these are small peppers (about 3-3.5 inches long), they are already the right size for individual servings. So, drain whole piquillo peppers and arrange them around the plate or platter.
- Peel and mince garlic cloves. Place minced garlic in a small bowl and pour in a few tablespoons each of vinegar and oil. Whisk and carefully pour over the peppers.
- Serve with slices of rustic bread as a tapa or as a side dish with a meal. These peppers go well with a main course of grilled meat or fish.
Note on Peppers: If whole roasted peppers are not available in your supermarket, or if you prefer freshly roasted peppers, you must first roast the red bell peppers, peel, and de-seed them. Follow these simple instructions for How to Roast Peppers. Peppers can be roasted in the oven or over a BBQ grill.