- 400 to 500 g cabbage (0.9 to 1.1 pounds), cored
- 60 g carrots (2 ounces), julienned
- 1 stalk green onion , thinly sliced
- 6 perilla leaves (optional), thinly sliced
- fine sea salt
SAUCE (MIX THESE IN A BOWL)
- 2 Tbsp gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 to 1.5 Tbsp Korean fish sauce or 2 Tbsp regular soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (raw) castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Thinly slice the cabbage. Place it into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle some salt and gently mix the cabbage to wilt it lightly.
- Add the carrots and the sauce. Mix them well. Garnish with green onion and perilla leaves.
- Serve. (It works very well with Korean BBQ.) Best to consume within 24 hours of making it.